Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Guy Behind the Blog

Hello!

Though this blog may be titled "Rabid Journalism" you shouldn't get the wrong idea. I'm not the type of person to froth at the mouth and possibly bite somebody. My name's simply Dan Raby and after years of "Raby? Does that mean you have rabies? Ha Ha!" I've grown to accept my last name and all its humorous variances (including Rabbi, Baby, Rabble). I am not a rabid person. I would like to think I am an easygoing person but the name was catchy and I enjoyed it.

Here are some little bits of information about me that I hope you will enjoy:

  • I have ridden in a golf cart with the amazing pop/rock singer Meat Loaf after he saw me singing one of his songs during a charity golf game.
  • I have played bagpipes for the PC guy in the Mac computer commercials when he needed someone to accompany him in a poetry reading.
  • I have my own radio show at American University where I improvise two-hour-long radio parodies. It was voted one of the best shows at the station.
  • My greatest dream would be to get to work at an NPR station as a producer.

I hope that gives you at least a glimpse into my personality. My good friend and roommate Jack Freund said that “Dan Raby’s creativity and sass are what makes this country great.” While I wouldn’t go that far, I do love to draw, design, write and really just try to make the world more colorful and exciting. If you want to talk music- everything from the new Beyonce hit (who doesn't love Single Ladies?) to seventies African folkfunk- I'm your guy. I'm also from the South (Raleigh,NC) which makes me kind of an oddity around American.

I hope that paints at least an abstract picture of who I am. There are more blogs to come! I hope they both entertain and inform you.

No comments:

Post a Comment